Monday, June 27, 2011

Natural Skincare (For even the MOST sensitive skin)

The past year has been a bit of a challenge for me as I have discovered all of the things that I am allergic and/or sensitive to, and the whole thing started with a (very) swollen, dry, peeling, face. My eyes were so swollen it looked like I hadn’t slept in days, my face was broken out, and had started to peel so badly that the skin was actually raw in some places. Seriously, it was hideous (I would put up a photo to show you just how hideous but I avoided cameras for most of that time).

My first trip to the allergist revealed a great deal of the problem was that I was allergic to many of the common chemicals one would find in makeup, face wash, body wash, shampoo, lotion, etc. And no wonder it wasn’t getting better! I was slathering allergens all over my body on a daily basis!

Slowly but surely I found products that I could use, and my face looks like it belongs to a human once again, but, I am very careful (ok, maybe neurotic is a better description) about what I put on my skin.

While I am starting to adopt the less is more approach to skincare (too many products with too many chemicals or excessive scrubbing can leave skin worse for the wear), I also want to do whatever I can to keep my skin looking as young as possible for as long as possible. One of the best things (in my opinion) that you can do for your skin is to get regular facials. Facials can cleanse and nourish the skin, increases circultation, remove dead skin cells, strengthen muscle fibers, soften skin, and retard wrinkles.


But it’s a little more challenging for me because so many of the products used aggravate rather than rejuvenate my super SUPER sensitive skin…Until I went to Green Bamboo Skincare in Boonsboro Maryland. All the good of a facial with NONE of the horrible irritation.

Carol Blessing is AMAZING! She uses natural products that will not irritate even the MOST sensitive skin. Not only will you look and feel rejuvenated after a facial at Green Bamboo, you will also leave completely relaxed. Trust me, I am completely inept at relaxation and even I cannot manage to stress in the tranquil atmosphere she provides.

If you live near Boonsboro MD, do yourself a favor and schedule an appointment at Green Bamboo, you will be so glad you did.

Green Bamboo is open daily by appointment only:
304.279.3109
greenbambooskincare@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.greenbambooskincare.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment